The Consortium of National Law Universities will lead CLAT 2022 and CLAT 2023 on May 8 and December 18, 2022, respectively. In a very surprising turn of events, the Consortium of NLU decided to hold both exams in 2022. Applicants who wish to be admitted to National Law Universities (NLU) must qualify for the CLAT and to do so, to good books are essential.
It is expected that the program and model of CLAT 2022 and CLAT 2023 will be the same. Students aiming to take one of these exams can refer to the following books to prepare.
1. The best books on quantitative techniques: The topics that are requested in this section are basic algebra, mensuration, statistical estimation, graphics, numerical information, etc. Rajesh Verma, Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Searson’s, Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Agarwal, 30 Days of Wonder in Mathematics by S Chand, Accelerated Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publications.
2. Best books for English: The topics are there – language comprehension and skills, ability to draw inferences and conclusions, ability to summarize the passage, etc. Some of the main books are – Objective General English 2022 by AP Bhardwaj, English is Easy by Chetananand Singh, Objective General English by RS Aggarwal, English Grammar and Composition in High School by Wren & Martin, Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis, Barron’s Pocket Guide to Vocabulary, Objective General English by SP Bakshi.
3. The best current affairs and general culture books: This section usually contains these topics – events and events, national and international news, awareness and legal information, arts and culture, etc. Some of the important books are – Pearson General Knowledge Manual 2022, Manorama Yearbook 2021 by Mammen Mathew, General Knowledge 2020: Latest News and Who’s Who by RPH Editorial Board, Current Affairs Yearly 2021 by Arihant, Competition Success Review, The Best Book of General Knowledge by Subhash C. Soni
4. Best Books for Legal Reasoning – Some of the important topics in legal reasoning are the rules and passages of the law, the application of the rules and passages, etc.
To prepare for this section, you can refer to these books – Bare Acts of the Indian Constitution, Legal Awareness and Legal Proficiency by AP Bhardwaj, Legal Fitness for CLAT and Other Law Entrance Exams by AP Bhardwaj, CLAT Guide to Universal by Universal, Legal Fitness by RK Gupta, LexisNexis Butterworths.
5. Best books for logical reasoning – Some of the important books to prepare for logical reasoning are – Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey, Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal, A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Agarwal, Logical Reasoning by RK Gupta and Samiksha Gupta, 501 Challenging Logical Book Reasoning Practice by RS Agarwal, Universal’s Logical Reasoning for CLAT, LSAT and Other Law Entrance Exams by Jain.
6. Preparation tips – First, check the program and all the topics it contains. Do some analysis of this before making the strategy. Make 5 copies for 5 different subjects and a separate copy for your mock analysis. Write in order which subject you are better and which less. Now focus on the exam material. Instill the habit of reading a newspaper. Take journal notes. Learn vocabulary words using flashcards, word associations, root words, and more. Solve as many math questions as you can. It takes regular practice. For the practice of legal reasoning, the questions papers from the previous year.
The CLAT 2022 application form and the 2023 exams are expected to come out soon. The duration of the CLAT is 2 hours. There are 120 questions in total for the PG exam and 150 questions for the MU. There are 5 sections in CLAT which are – Quantitative Techniques, English, Current Affairs and General Knowledge, Legal Reasoning and Logical Reasoning. A point is awarded for the correct answer and the score of 0.25 is deducted for an incorrect answer.