Best places to read books: It’s a popular quote that “knowledge is power”, and one of the main ways of acquiring this knowledge is through reading or studying. Therefore, if reading will be effective enough to produce the expected result (knowledge acquisition), then it must be done under certain favorable conditions which include the environment in which the individual is reading. A person who loves to read needs an ideal reading environment. It’s all about location for bookworms.
There are plenty of places where you can read comfortably, whether you are a part-time or full-time reader. The beauty of some of these sites is that they appeal to a wide range of readers.
Recommended: best time to read and understand effectively
What makes a good place or place to read?
These fundamental place-building characteristics transform ordinary places into uniquely memorable experiences that keep people coming back for more. We created a reading compass to demonstrate the components that we thought were very important when creating our own reading place when we first started thinking about reading and how to use those ideas to create a reading environment fantastic. There are three place elements of the Place to Read Compass that you should consider when creating your own place to read to take it from a great place to read to a superb one:
A place to read books; a place to be curious; a place to be comfortable; a place of interaction.
1. A wonderful place to read is one that values books and tales, the characters and the insights they provide. These reading spots are not just for children; parents and other adults should also visit the site, to demonstrate the importance of reading to all. The ideal reading places are those where readers can surround themselves with personal books.
2. A wonderful place to read piques the reader’s interest and encourages them to examine the whole room, including the smallest elements within it. These reading spaces allow visitors to enter on their own by engaging their senses and providing a playful and flexible environment. Great reading spots inspire readers to explore the area and learn more as they read.
3. If a reader wants to hide and bury themselves in their favorite book, a wonderful place to read is one that feels safe and provides pleasant places of retreat and privacy. A good place to read should elicit feelings of calm, excitement, or both.
Recommended: The best places to learn programming from start to finish for free
Top 11 places to read books
1. Home: In your house, there are many reading corners. You can read an excellent book in front of your fireplace if you have one. If you like hot or cold drinks, don’t forget to bring them with you. Window seating is also available. Any room in your home that has a comfortable, comfortable sleeper chair or bench near a window is the best type of window seat you can get.
A reading nook is an alternative if you don’t have the perfect window seat. A reading nook is a comfortable and peaceful space where you can relax and enjoy a good book. A reading nook can be created in any corner of your bedroom, a small closet or under the stairs storage. This can be done in any small crack you find comfortable. Home is one of the most favorites, because what better place to read than the comfort of your own home?
See also: Countries with the best education system in Africa
2. Hammock: It might just be the next best thing to do at the beach. A hammock is best used during the summer, but it can be used all year round. In spring and autumn, you can also enjoy the experience of reading in a hammock. A swing or rocking chair can also provide a comparable experience.
3. The beach: Although it is winter for the majority of the population, some people like to read along the beach. Some people like to curl up with a good book and breathe in the salty air even when it’s not summer.
That doesn’t rule out staying inside a screened porch or porch while listening to the crashing waves. Take the day off and rent a place to relax or sit by the sea with your favorite book.
See also: Is it better to read alone or in a group? Answered
4. Coffee: Cafes are great places to get away from your family and enjoy some good reading time. Coffee, tea, pastries and sandwiches are usually available at these establishments. Because they’re not as crowded and play light music, they’re not as loud as the big coffee chains.
If you forget your paperback or hardcover book, ebook, magazine, or newspaper, several big chains even offer Wi-Fi or free bookcases you can use. If you are a reader, having a diverse selection of books to choose from is essential.
5. Lounge or Bar: It is entirely possible to read in a relaxing bar or lounge. Not all bars are created equal and some are quite loud. Reading is encouraged in some bars and lounges. They provide a large number of books and reading areas that you can use.
These books go well with a tall glass of wine or a cold beer. Shake off the negative connotation of bars. You won’t be the only one caught reading a book. It’s a great way to get out of the house and relax at the end of the day with a good drink.
Recommended: Cheapest countries to study in the world
6. Parks: The park is not just for exercising and having fun outdoors. It’s also a great place to hang out and read your favorite book. You are also welcome to bring some of your favorite snacks. If you don’t like the way the books age, avoid staining the pages.
7. Library or bookstore: The purpose of libraries and bookstores is to provide spaces where people can sit and read. When you enter a library, there is a quieter environment that makes you feel nostalgic. In a large space with several hours of reading, you can smell and smell old books.
8. University campuses: Campuses were designed to be read. There are always fantastic benches and seating in these facilities, and many students don’t take full advantage of them (I certainly didn’t while I was a student), so finding a good place to read while an hour or two is pretty easy.
Recommended: the oldest universities in the world and their year of establishment
9. Art Museum: It’s one of the most exciting reading experiences available. On a gloomy afternoon, visiting an art gallery is a wonderful way to bring some color into your life. The atmosphere is calm and solemn, but does not give off the sense of a funeral home. Throughout the facility, there are various benches and seats and, therefore, it is an excellent place for personal reading.
10. Conservatory or botanical garden: You can spend time with your book while relieving yourself from the gloomy weather outside while sitting surrounded by greenery and the chirping of birds. Although sitting is more limited than the other options, standing and reading for a short time can be extremely relaxing.
11. During a journey: This is perhaps the most popular option as it is quite typical to see people reading on flights, trains and buses. I travel to London frequently and can attest that there is nothing quite like reading on the train.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a law student and certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is determined to change the legal profession by creating web and mobile applications that will make legal research much easier.